View Profile PicosGhost

34 Movie Reviews

Nice

Not a bad little representation of France here! It was pretty interesting, and I especially liked that you animated it without the use of flash. That must have taken some time. I got a nice little lesson out of it; both geography and language :P If you can, convert more of your files! I'd have no objection to seeing more of them. Once again, good work here.

Heh

I'll approach this baby the same way i approached your last flash. Mainly not a 9 or a 10 because of the static, constant background in the sky. I know you said it was going to be static until your next flash, so I look forward to the dynamic BG next! Unfortunately, there still wasn't much animation here. Maybe a few tweens, but that's about it. However! I did like some stuff. I liked how you made Lakitu into a roid raging maniac, that definitely helped your score. Ah, Gary... that poor bastard. He will be missed. I like the story as a whole, and I'm awaiting the end so I can finally know what happens! :P
If you're not too busy, maybe you can give my flash a view and review!

Yours,
'Ghost

eXillmatic responds:

Thanks for the input, stay tuned for the next one, it should be more your style. PS i don't use any tweens in my flashes, i prefer doing it by hand . . .

Bit of a mixed review

Eh... I kinda had mixed feelings for this review here. Let me start by saying; I loved the drawings, they were very nice, from the big nosed Freddy, to the big eyed monkey :P I also liked your scenery/backgrounds. Those were placed very well and gave the story a lot more depth than it actually showed by itself. Now for the bad stuff. I found the animation to be minimal. There was some animation, but it was the same stuff over and over, such as the mouth movements. Another bad thing I didn't quite like was the prison scene. I found it good at first, but then the music came, and that kinda threw it off. It got very redundant, the same music being played over and over just to prove that the monkey had become emo. Lastly, the voice acting. I had mixed feelings here. The voices were good, but at times you could definitely tell they were recorded because you heard things such as a gust of breath on the mic at times.

Overall, 7/10 4/5. Not a bad score at all. Congratulations with this flash. I'd like to see improvement in the areas I mentioned above, and look forward to your next flash.

Awaiting your response,
'Ghost

ShortMonkey responds:

lol "awaiting your response". xD

Thanks for the review! Yeah, the music scene was a bit long and I have a crappy microphone and each line I had to redo like 5 times to get an ok result. ;)

13 Game Reviews

Ingenius

I don't give many tens out, like I used to. But I do know a great game or video when I play or see one, and this was definitely a great game, Maybe even more. It was so entertaining. The music really made it for me. This game was definitely driven by its music. I can't stress that enough. After that, the story was obviously the backbone of the entire experience. It would just be a platformer without its story, but the story made it so much more than what I thought possible. Thank you for this game. I really love it.

Pulled off superbly.

One can't find very much to complain about in this game unless they are fickle and nitpicky. This game excelled in ingenuity, something that 75% of flash games or more these days lack horribly. Ingenuity and innovation are the most important things when it comes to spicing things up and giving gamers new, rewarding experiences. In your game, you provided both of these elements, and it showed without even having to look for it. You definitely give me hope that platforming games are not dead and just being reincarnated with new graphics day in and day out.

The only thing anyone can POSSIBLY complain about, in my opinion, which would just be greedy on their part, is the graphics. I happen to like them, but I'm sure others will and/or have already said that they are just too plain, simple, dull, drab, yadda yadda yadda. I liked everything about this game, excellent, excellent job. (F)ull (S)core. FS!

i dunno

i can appreciate the effort going into making this... drawing, word stuff, things of the like. That's why it gets a 6 in my opinion, the games aren't fun games but my rating is unbiased...6

28 Audio Reviews

It was great

Ok, so I've listened to a few of your songs, and I've liked every one of them. I mean, you have talent, you have sick ass ideas and heavy, heavy riffs. In metal, that's what it's all about, right? It's awesome that these sound this good when you say your equipment isn't all that great.

The only thing missing is... I dunno how to say it. Dedication isn't the right word at all. Maybe... consistency... Regardless, all I'm saying is that I want to hear more of your music, but you don't release a lot of it. I'd love to see you pound out like 2,3,4,5 tracks sometime soon haha.

pitchblak responds:

Im with ya on that bro....I really want to start gettin more out. I feel like people are forgetting me cause it takes me so damn long.lol Im glad you dig my music and thanx for the props.Gonna seriously try to get more recorded and out there for ya to check out soon. Keep it METAL and thanx for the review!!!

love

I love your music Jurian, that's it. This was such a dynamic piece. I liked when the drums in the background kicked in, they of course added spice to the tune. I'm not too sure what you were trying to say with your title, but that doesn't make the song any less perfect. Tell me, where do you get your inspiration to play and make music? What drives you? And how do you make this music, does it come from your heart or do you just experiment until you come up with something that sounds good? I'm telling you man, this is top notch stuff, I can't believe how amazing it is. This is another song for the ol' Ipod :)

I'd like a response :P I'd really like to know about what i asked. This is just incredible work all around.

Again...

Bit of a change of pace from the work of yours that I'm used to listening to, but it's great. It's so fucking dynamic, you'd have to be an idiot to deny the mastery behind this piece. I loved how you just kept changing it up, always keeping the pace different; and that's what gripped me, that's what made me appreciate this. It's not exactly my style or taste (well, it is when I'm drinking and partying it up!), but who the hell am I to deny musical genius when it's staring me in the face?

I'm glad I'm taking the time to listen to your music. There's just some stuff you can't get from mainstream music. It's not really something anyone can put their finger on, but some music just loses that certain something when the artist makes it big. You're an excellent artist, don't let ANYTHING get in the way of you and your music. That would be a huge disappointment to any and all of your fans I'm sure.

WritersBlock responds:

Hey, wow. Thanks for the encouragement and support. I'm so glad to hear when my music is being appreciated like this. As always, I try to refine and improve on my music all the time, vary things up now and again, I'll try not to disappoint you in the future. ;D

John Perez @PicosGhost